AWF 55 Gallon Oil Only Spill Kit
Our 55 Gallon Oil Only Spill Kit comes in a UN rated, DOT approved, container to keep all your spill response products in one place. The White Oil Only Sorbents absorb “non-aggressive” fluids and most “aggressive” fluids without absorbing water. Non-aggressive fluids are common chemicals that include, oils, glycols, etc. where aggressive fluids are acids and caustic solutions.
Our Kit Includes:
- 1 – 55 Gal UN approved Drum, (UN Rating, 1H2/X200/S)
Eagle Manufacturing Model 1656, 36"h x 23"w
High Density Polyethylene with Metal Locking Ring
- 100 – 15" x 19" Oil Only Spill Pads
- 5 – 3" x 12' Oil Only Sorbent Socks
- 8 – 18" x 18" Oil Only Sorbent Pillows
- 1 – Safety Goggles
- 1 – Pair of Neoprene Chemical Gloves
- 1 – Emergency Response Guidebook
- 7 – Hazardous Material Disposal Bags
- Absorbency - up to 41 gallons
- Certified Hazmat Drum
- Absorbs Non-agggressive fluids, oils, & solvents without absorbing water
Use of Pads and Socks:
Socks: Socks are usually the first item out of the box. These snake like tubes are used to block the spread of your spill and contain the spilled liquids within a confined area. You lay these down on the edges of your spill to limit its spread or place them across the spill's path to protect drains, and porous surfaces such as lawns or open ground.
Pads: These are the thinner sheets of absorbent material. These are used to clean up the bulk of your spill/mess. They also work well as towels or rags to clean off items that are contaminated by the spilled liquid. You can also use these to absorb active drips and leaks before they become a problem.
Pillows: These have the bulk of a sock within the rectangular shape of a pad. These are great for tight spaces that have active leaks. Pillows also work well to sponge up liquids on hard surfaces such as cement or concrete.