PintyPlus Chalk Finish Spray Wax
PintyPlus Spray Wax nourishes and preserves wood, and is a popular choice to protect and harden PintyPlus Chalk Finish Spray Paints. Easy to spray PintyPlus Wax provides better coverage and quicker application than traditional cream waxes.
Part of the PintyPlus Chalk Finish Paint range, PintyPlus Spray Wax comes in a 400 ml container for easy application. Apply it directly to wood furniture or chalk paint surfaces:
- Nourish and protect untreated wood and highlight its natural tone.
- Renew and give luster to previously waxed wood pieces.
- On furniture and objects painted with Chalk Paint, PintyPlus Wax hardens and seals the paint to provide a finish that will stand up to handling and daily use.
PintyPlus is a product of Novasol Spray S.A., a leading European manufacture of aerosol paints and sprays. Novasol Spray is committed to providing the best in quality, human-friendly products with minimal environmental impact.
Applying Wax Spray
- Shake the can for several minutes to thoroughly mix all components.
- Apply an even layer and let dry for 20 minutes.
- Polish the waxed surface by rubbing with a cotton cloth, nylon stocking or similar. Polish until you receive the desired sheen.
- If needed, repeat these steps and apply a second coat.
If the wood has never been previously treated we recommend applying at least 2 coats to insure adequate protection.
Previously Waxed Wood
In the case of wood that has been previously waxed, we recommend removing the existing wax coating. The old wax can usually be removed with mineral spirits, turpentine or denatured alcohol. Multiple layers of wax may react with each other and become cloudy or sticky.
After removing the old wax coating apply PintyPlus Wax Spray following the same steps as untreated wood.
On a surface that has been painted with chalk paint, apply the wax as directed, wait approximately 20 minutes, then polish.
Advantages of PintyPlus Wax Spray and PintyPlus Chalk Finish Paint
- Achieve an attractive finish that enhances the "powdering" effect of the chalk paint and provides a natural satin sheen.
- Wax evens out surface texture and makes the surface soft and pleasant to touch. Applying wax avoids additional sanding to achieve the same effect.
- As the solvents in the Spray Wax evaporate the wax forms a layer that hardens and seals the chalk paint.
Spray Wax vs. Cream Wax
What are the differences between spray wax and traditional cream wax?
- To apply cream wax, you need cloth, brush or cotton applicator (for detail areas) to apply the wax, plus another cloth or pad for polishing. With PintyPlus Wax Spray no applicators are needed, only a cloth for final polishing.
- Applying wax cream has to brushed on or applied by cloth. It may be difficult to reach all surfaces and may take some time to fully coat a piece.
- When applying wax cream to large areas (tables, dressers, doors ...) it can take a while for the whole piece to dry. Polishing can be more difficult as some areas may be much harder than others due to the start and stop time when you apply the initial wax.
- Wax Spray allows you to coat a large area in just a few minutes. Drying time is more consistent and predictable.
- Detail work, hollow moldings and corners are waxed quickly, evenly, and easily with PintyPlus Spray Wax. All without excess wax buildup.
- PintyPlus Spray Wax is applied in thin layers which facilitate absorption. You can easily control the application and amount of wax laid down.