PolyWall Rot Shield Joist Tape Your deck is an extension of your home, a space for you to entertain, dine, lounge and relax. All great reasons to make sure your deck is done right! When properly installed, Rot Shield Joist Tape protects you and your deck from damage caused by water which can accumulate under deck boards. Protect your family and investment from these threats by incorporating Rot Shield Joist Tape into your project as a barrier between the ledger board, joists and deck boards.
- Rot Shield is Installed as a protective flashing between structural deck joists and deck boards, and features unique labeling for ease of installation.
- Prevents moisture build-up on the top edge of a joist, which reduces the probability of rot and decay of the joist. Can also be applied in cold temperatures.
- Self-adhering, self-sealing tape consisting of rubberized asphalt waterproof coating, laminated to polyethylene film. No priming is required, single-step process.
- Unique dark brown color to disguise material aesthetically in application and has split release liner on back for ease of installation
- Proudly made in the USA.
Features & Benefits
- One size fits all jobs, 4"x100' tape
- Can be applied in cold temperatures
- No priming required, single step process
- Split release on center so tape can be placed on one side, without impact of sawdust, debris to full roll
- Brown facer camouflages tape from view once deck boards are installed
- Facer text doubles as top of joist indicator guideline
- Guidelines are 1 1/4" from each edge for: Smoother and cleaner installation, high quality appearance, fewer adjustments and wrinkles
- Recommended 1" overlap at seams
- Improves durability of deck structures and enhances longevity of deck
- Reduces potential for corrosion of galvanized metal fasteners resulting from pressure treated wood
- Seals around fasteners preventing water intrusion
- UV stable, tape can be left exposed for up to 120 days
Questions? Give us a call at 1.888.223.3050
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!