Roxul Safe'n'Sound 3" x 16.25" x 47" Insulation - for Steel Studs
12 Batts per Bag
Roxul Safe'n'Sound is a fire resistant and sound-proofing insulation made from stone wool. Safe'n'Sound is made for use in interior wall partitions. It traps sound waves from traveling between ceilings and floors or interior rooms. This stone wool insulation is great at reducing unwanted noise from basements, home theaters, home offices, and laundry rooms - to name a few! Safe'n'Sound requires no special tools for installation and can even be easily cut with a bread knife! Batt is semi-rigid and has a flexible edge which enables the batt to compress as it is inserted into walls, attics, ceilings or door frames. The flexible edge springs back to expand the batt and hold firm to the frame. Safe'n'Sound is a great environmentally friendly solution for insulating your space. No need to worry about wearing anything more than gloves during installation and no worries about breathing in fiberglass particles.
- Sound-Deadening Properties
- Can be easily cut
- Easy to Install
- Fire Resistant
- Water Repellent
- High Density
- CFC & HCFC Free, product & process
- Chemically Inert; Non-Corrosive
- Extremely high melting point of 1177 degress Celsius (2150 Fahrenheit)
- Does not product smoke or toxic gases in the event of a fire
- Excellent barrier against spread of flames to help protect occupants and reduce property damage.
- Excellent Passive Fire Protection - Safe'n'Sound can add up to an additional 15 minutes of fire protection to wall assemblies