AWF Pro, 20 Gallon Battery Acid Spill Kit, 18.8 Gallon Absorption Capacity
Our 20 Gallon Battery Acid Spill Kit comes in a UN rated DOT approved container to keep all your spill response products in one place. Our Battery Acid Spill Kit comes with 2 x 2 lb shaker cartons of Acidsafe Neutrilizer. Acidsafe combines with the spilled acid to lower the PH of the acid providing a safer compound to clean up. Acidsafe changes color to purple to show when PH has been neutralized. Yellow Hazmat Sorbents absorb the spilled acid and can be used on “aggressive” chemicals and most “non-aggressive” fluids. Non-aggressive fluids are common chemicals that include, oils, water, glycols, etc. where aggressive fluids are acids and caustic solutions. For a more complete list see this compatibility chart.
Our Kit Includes:
- 1 – 20 Gal UN approved Drum (UN Rating 1H2/X57/S)
Eagle Manufacturing Model 1650, 21"h x 21"w
High Density Polyethylene with Screw On Lid
- 2 – 2 lb containers of Acidsafe Neutrilizer
- 40 – 15" x 19" Hazmat Spill Pads
- 3 – 3" x 4' Hazmat Sorbent Socks
- 3 – 18" x 18" Hazmat Sorbent Pillows
- 1 – Safety Goggles
- 1 – Pair of Chemical Neoprene Gloves
- 3 – Hazardous Material Disposal Bags
- 1 – "Spill Kit" Wall Sign
If you don’t see the kit you are looking for, please call us at 888 223-3050. We can customize any kit to fit your needs.
- Absorbency - up to 18.8 gallons
- Weight - 33 lbs
- Acidsafe neutralizes and solidifies spilled acids
- Absorbs acids, "aggressive" chemicals, fluids, oils, water & solvents
How to Use
Put on appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) before attempting spill cleanup.
- Apply ACIDSAFE to spill from the perimeter inward. Foaming gases and heat will be generated during the neutralization process. Color indication initially indicates the strength (PH) of the acid: Gold indicates a strong acid; Yellow indicates a mild acid. When mixture turns purple a second time it has been neutralized to a safe PH range. Use sufficient neutralizer to eliminate the presence of any free liquids and turn the mixture to a uniform purple color.
- Allow mixture to cool before picking up.
- Pick up neutralized mixture and place into a leak proof container.
- Label and dispose of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Use of Pads and Socks:
Socks: Socks are usually the first item out of the box. These snake like tubes are used to block the spread of your spill and contain the spilled liquids within a confined area. You lay these down on the edges of your spill to limit its spread or place them across the spill's path to protect drains, and porous surfaces such as lawns or open ground.
Pads: These are the thinner sheets of absorbent material. These are used to clean up the bulk of your spill/mess. They also work well as towels or rags to clean off items that are contaminated by the spilled liquid. You can also use these to absorb active drips and leaks before they become a problem.
Pillows: These have the bulk of a sock within the rectangular shape of a pad. These are great for tight spaces that have active leaks. Pillows also work well to sponge up liquids on hard surfaces such as cement or concrete.