Dow Great Stuff PRO Kit, 18 oz Flexible Drywall Gasket Foam, Choice of 1/2 or Full Case
GREAT STUFF PRO™ Gasket gives contractors a better way to improve air-sealing between a framing lumber and drywall – a common area for leaks, adding up to 40% of a home's energy loss. Great Stuff Pro Drywall Gasket is the first water-based foam in the GREAT STUFF PRO™ Insulating Foam Sealant family.
How it works:
GREAT STUFF PRO™ Gasket is a one-component foam applied to the face of the top plate, bottom plate and around the perimeter of all rough openings. Drywall is then installed normally over the Great Stuff Gasket creating a gasket that seals the building airtight.
Unlike polyurethane-based Great Stuff Pro Insulating Foam Sealants, Great Stuff Pro Drywall Gasket cures to a flexible, compressible foam that fits snugly to create a tightly sealed home and allows for a smooth, even drywall installation. It does not expand, which reduces drywall bowing.
The flexibility of the cured gasket allows for heavy drywall to slide up the wall frame without the gasket tearing or releasing. Under normal conditions of 70°F/50% relative humidity, drywall may be installed after 6 hours of drying
This listing is for a choice of 1/2 Case (6 cans) or a Full Case (12 cans)
- Improve air sealing by creating a gasket between drywall and frame.
- Apply to face of top plate, bottom plate and around all rough openings.
- Compresses when cured prevents bowing of drywall board.
- Withstands scrapping and rubbing when drywall is installed.
- Helps meet stricter energy codes.
- Air cures in 2 to 24 hours, depending on humidity. Dries fastest at low humidity.
- Stablizes indoor temperature, lowering energy bills.
- Reduces moisture, mold, pollutants and allergens.
- Minimizes waste. Reusable for up to 90 days when left attached to Dispensing Gun. Shake vigorously for 60 seconds before use.
- Easy water clean-up.
- Low VOC
- Easy gun clean-out with standard garden hose.