Sikaflex 1c SL Polyurethane Sealant, 10.1 fl oz Cartridge, AWF Pro Caulk Gun and Backer Rod
Sikaflex-1c SL is a single component, self-leveling, premium-grade polyurethane sealant with an accelerated curing capacity. Sikaflex 1c SL can be used in concrete joint 24 hours after the concrete is poured and also in damp concrete applications. Sikaflex-1c SL is used to seal horizontal expansion joints and control joints in concrete and cementitious slabs such as sidewalks and high traffic entrances, parking lots, balconies, pavements, terraces, warehouses, factories, and plazas.
Meets Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type I, Class A. Meets ASTM C-920, Type S, Grade P, Class 25, use T,M, A, G, I.
Plus our bonus AWF 2028 Pro Caulk Gun. and your choice of Backer Rod
- 1 component, no mixing
- Self-leveling, pourable
- Accelerated curing
- Permanently elastic
- High durability
- Excellent resistance to point loads
- Use in concrete joints 24 hours after concrete is poured
- Use in damp joints 60 minutes after water source is stopped
- Resists aging, weathering
- Excellent adhesion
- Convenient, easy to use packaging
- Jet fuel resistant
For a 10.1 fl. oz. cartridge
- 1/4" bead will yield 24.3 ft. of sealant
- 3/8" bead will yield 16.2-10.8 ft. of sealant
- 1/2" bead will yield 12.1-6.1 ft of sealant
- 3/4" bead will yield 8.1-4.0 ft of sealant
AWF Pro Caulk Gun
Our 18:1 Pro Caulk Gun is a manual caulking gun that takes industry standard 10.1 oz. cartridges. Its durable design is perfect for frequent high volume use and features a pivoting barrel for seamless caulking around corners, curves, and tight spaces. The 18:1 mechanical advantage provides 18 lbs. of application pressure for each lb. of force applied to the trigger handle, perfect for applying high viscosity caulks and adhesives. In addition, our caulking gun features an instant pressure release tab, to prevent excess caulk leakage and a convenient pin to puncture the inner seal of the adhesive cartridge.
- Standard 10.1 oz. Cartridge
- 18: 1 Mechanical Advantage
- Wear Compensating Device
- Built-in Ladder Hook
- Sintered Steel Catch Plate
- Barrel Turns - Application Around Corners
- Medium-High Viscosity Materials
- Thumb Activated Instant Pressure Release
- Use to fill deep or wide voids before applying sealant.
- Clean joint and push backer rod to a depth of 1/4" to 1/2" below surface. This leaves space for the caulk or sealant.
- Apply caulk/sealant over the backer rod. Make sure sealant is in contact with both sidewalls of the opening.
Your Choice of 1/2" x 20' or 3/4" x 15'
Application and Use
Use between 40° and 100°F, in cool weather store at room temperature for 24 hours prior to use. For best performance apply Sikaflex when joint is at mid-point of its expansion and contraction. Apply sealant with steady pressure, forcing the sealant into the joint. Sealant should be applied to both sides of joint, use bond breaker tape to prevent bond at base of joint. If the depth of the joint exceeds 1/2" use of a backer rod is recommended. Tool sealant to ensure full contact with joint walls and remove trapped air. Do not tool with detergent or soap solutions. Tooling results in a correct bead shape, a neat joint and maximum adhesion.
Allow 1 week cure when using Sikaflex 1c SL in total water immersion situations.
For more information
Sikaflex 1c SL Brochure
Sikaflex 1c SL Tech Data Sheet
Sikaflex 1c SL Material Safety Data Sheet
Questions? Give us a call at 1.888.223.3050